Syntax question for subjectAltName certificate extension?

Syntax question for subjectAltName certificate extension?

Walter H.
Hello,

what is correct:

this:
subjectAltName = DNS:www.example.com, IP:127.0.0.1, IP:[2001:db8:123::1]

or this:
subjectAltName = DNS:www.example.com, IP:127.0.0.1, IP:2001:db8:123::1

or the question in other words: do I have to put an IPv6 address of the
subjectAltName in []-brackets?

Thanks,
Walter

Re: Syntax question for subjectAltName certificate extension?

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
In message <[hidden email]> on Sat, 24 Sep 2016 23:12:00 +0200, "Walter H." <[hidden email]> said:

Walter.H> Hello,
Walter.H>
Walter.H> what is correct:
Walter.H>
Walter.H> this:
Walter.H> subjectAltName = DNS:www.example.com, IP:127.0.0.1,
Walter.H> IP:[2001:db8:123::1]
Walter.H>
Walter.H> or this:
Walter.H> subjectAltName = DNS:www.example.com, IP:127.0.0.1, IP:2001:db8:123::1
Walter.H>
Walter.H> or the question in other words: do I have to put an IPv6 address of
Walter.H> the subjectAltName in []-brackets?

Without brackets.  libcrypto will figure out that it's a IPv6 address
from the presence of colons.

Cheers,
Richard

--