Static RSA - What is it?

Nadav Golombick
Hi,

I am trying to use SSLdump to decrypt information I created using
OpenSSL. The limitation that the dump has is the it can only decrypt
streams where Static RSA was used. Anyone know what that is?

--
Nadav Golombick

Re: Static RSA - What is it?

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005, Nadav Golombick wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use SSLdump to decrypt information I created using
> OpenSSL. The limitation that the dump has is the it can only decrypt
> streams where Static RSA was used. Anyone know what that is?

Those ciphersuites which use the public key contained in the server
certificate for RSA key exchange.

In OpenSSL terms the ciphers listed by:

openssl ciphers -v kRSA

except the export ones if the server key length exceeds the limit.

Funding needed! Details on homepage.