State Machine with Managed C++

harshvir
Hi,
  I have implemented the state machine in my managed C++ application. Everything works fine for sometime, but after a while Asynchronous socket call beginreceive hangs, it never come out of that. I do not see any relation to this with SSL but this happens only when i am calling SSL routines in between. When i disable SSL function calls, then this issue dont happen.

  Have anyone else seen this issue? If Yes, Any suggestions on how to get past this issue?

Thanks.

// Harshvir

Re: State Machine with Managed C++

Gayathri Sundar-3
Did you implement fd timeouts and appropriate cleanups after some
expiration? It's impossible for non blocking sockets to hang..so I am
assuming ur having a lot of unused fds on ur poll table.

On Friday, July 1, 2011, Harshvir Sidhu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have implemented the state machine in my managed C++ application. Everything works fine for sometime, but after a while Asynchronous socket call beginreceive hangs, it never come out of that. I do not see any relation to this with SSL but this happens only when i am calling SSL routines in between. When i disable SSL function calls, then this issue dont happen.
>

>   Have anyone else seen this issue? If Yes, Any suggestions on how to get past this issue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> // Harshvir

Re: State Machine with Managed C++

harshvir
I am using Managed Sockets, and the socket is not hanging, BeginReceive function sets the callback function receive data, and that callback function is printing the log entry, so i assume the callback setting was successful, but the BeginReceive function call never returns.