Sending multiple records in one packet--Resending

Sending multiple records in one packet--Resending

Ritesh Rekhi

Hi All,

              I am very new to openssl and did some scripting using Net::SSleay perl module of openssl.I want to know if there are any tools or any function which can achieve this.

I want to send 1k data in 200 bytes records using ssl i.e. I want to test multiple small records in one packet and see how the application will behave.Is there any tool which can do this .I don’t have any way to hook in Net::SSleay (perl module) to specify record size.

Please let me know if any of you guys have any idea or suggestion.

Regd’s

Ritesh

Re: Sending multiple records in one packet--Resending

Kyle Hamilton
Try using Net::SSLeay::Handle.

To get around the Nagle optimization (which is what you're running
into), you can check to see if your platform supports the NO_NAGLE
sockopt, and if so, apply it to the handle.

This is not really a topic for this list, as it's perl-module related.
 You can find the correct address to ask for help in the readme for
the Net::SSLeay module.

-Kyle H

On 1/25/06, Ritesh Rekhi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>               I am very new to openssl and did some scripting using
> Net::SSleay perl module of openssl.I want to know if there are any tools or
> any function which can achieve this.
>

> I want to send 1k data in 200 bytes records using ssl i.e. I want to test
> multiple small records in one packet and see how the application will
> behave.Is there any tool which can do this .I don't have any way to hook in
> Net::SSleay (perl module) to specify record size.
>

> Please let me know if any of you guys have any idea or suggestion.
>

> Regd's
>
> Ritesh

RE: Sending multiple records in one packet--Resending

Ritesh Rekhi
Hi Kyle,
              Thanks for the clue .I got it working.

Regd's