SSL_library_init and wsock32

Alain Damiral
Hello again list,

I'm just starting to use Open SSL under Windows and I am curious as to
why I have to add -lwsock32 to the linker if SSL_library_init is
called... Is there really anything required in the wsock32 library to
execute SSL_library_init ? I don't intend on using sockets (at the level
of the SSL library) at all for my project so I'm trying to keep my view
on what's going on as clear as possible - whatever that means when
working with Windows.

I thank you for helping me out in this very specific stage of my
perpetual quest of happiness and procreation,

--
Alain Damiral,

Université Catholique de Louvain - student
alain.damiral'at'student.info.ucl.ac.be