SSL and UDP traffic

rz1a
Hello openssl-dev,

  I need to secure the UDP traffic.
  I've googled a product called "ZeeBeeDee"
  (http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee/index.html) but it looks kind of
  stalled...

  Is there any chance to use the OpenSSL (current or some future
  version) for securing and tunnelling the UDP traffic?

  What I need actually is to capture some multicasting stream on a
  LAN, protect it and deliver it to a host outside of the corporate
  firewall. Over there I'd like the target machine to not notice
  anything strange about that stream and be able to join the group as
  if it were on the corporate LAN...

  What are the ways to tunnel traffic besides the "stunnel" (which is
  TCP-only) and "zeebeedee"?

--
Best regards,
 Anthony            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: SSL and UDP traffic

Ben Laurie
[hidden email] wrote:

> Hello openssl-dev,
>
>   I need to secure the UDP traffic.
>   I've googled a product called "ZeeBeeDee"
>   (http://www.winton.org.uk/zebedee/index.html) but it looks kind of
>   stalled...
>
>   Is there any chance to use the OpenSSL (current or some future
>   version) for securing and tunnelling the UDP traffic?
>
>   What I need actually is to capture some multicasting stream on a
>   LAN, protect it and deliver it to a host outside of the corporate
>   firewall. Over there I'd like the target machine to not notice
>   anything strange about that stream and be able to join the group as
>   if it were on the corporate LAN...
>
>   What are the ways to tunnel traffic besides the "stunnel" (which is
>   TCP-only) and "zeebeedee"?

See the DTLS support recently added to OpenSSL.

--

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html       http://www.thebunker.net/