SSL_accept and SIGALRM

Alberto Alonso

I am getting an unexpected behavior where SSL_accept doesn't
return after a SIGALRM

The thread's SIGALRM handler is called and a message is printed,
so I know the thread is getting the signal, but after the handler
returns SSL_accept is still doing its thing. Is this due to
having SSL_MODE_AUTO_RETRY enabled on my end?

Thanks,

Alberto

--
Alberto Alonso                        Global Gate Systems LLC.
(512) 351-7233                        http://www.ggsys.net

Re: SSL_accept and SIGALRM

Alberto Alonso
I hate answering my own questions, but after hours of frustration
it seems that the answer relies on how signal handlers are set.

I should of paid more attention to the man page for signal(), it
states on the NOTES that it should not be used in a multi-threaded
process.

The right function is sigaction, which works perfect.

I hope this helps anybody else reading this list.

Alberto