Release Strategy

REIX, Tony
Hi,

We (ATOS BullFreeware project) are building and delivering OpenSSL on AIX.
However, there are different providers of OpenSSL on AIX (IBM AIX project, Perzl, Bull Freeware, IBM AIX Toolbox), and we have some compatibility issues when mixing RPMs depending on OpenSSL and built with different versions or by different providers of OpenSSL.

The information on page:  https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html   is very interesting and useful. However, last modification was made the 6th September 2016 , quite old. Would it be possible to update this ? That would help us to understand the compatibility between the different versions of OpenSSL and build some compatibility plan.

Thanks/Regards

Cordialement,

Tony Reix

ATOS / Bull SAS
ATOS Expert
IBM Coop Architect & Technical Leader
Office : +33 (0) 4 76 29 72 67
1 rue de Provence - 38432 Échirolles - France
www.atos.net

Re: Release Strategy

Matt Caswell-2

On 25/01/18 14:07, REIX, Tony wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We (ATOS BullFreeware project) are building and delivering OpenSSL on
> AIX. However, there are different providers of OpenSSL on AIX (IBM
> AIX project, Perzl, Bull Freeware, IBM AIX Toolbox), and we have some
> compatibility issues when mixing RPMs depending on OpenSSL and built
> with different versions or by different providers of OpenSSL.
>
> The information on page:
> https://www.openssl.org/policies/releasestrat.html   is very
> interesting and useful. However, last modification was made the 6th
> September 2016 , quite old. Would it be possible to update this ?
> That would help us to understand the compatibility between the
> different versions of OpenSSL and build some compatibility plan.

We are currently discussing our release plans for 1.1.1. I expect that
to ultimately turn into updates to that page. See the thread on
openssl-project starting here:

https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-project/2018-January/000184.html