Regarding porting AES ciphers alone to kernel

Regarding porting AES ciphers alone to kernel

Elluru, Krishna
HI Openssl dev team,
We are looking for porting AES Cipher suite alone to kernel for a requirement. Can anybody guide the minimum set of files / folders out of openssl archive needed to achieve this. I see dependencies when porting the crypto/aes, crypto/pem, and crypto/asn1 folders alone. Any reference to the documents would be of great help. I see no.of ifdefs also defined, if I can achieve above by setting these ifdefs correctly, can u guide with the options I should enable? My Requirement is to support NIST cipher list first.

let me know, if you need more details. I can provide them.

Thanks
Krishna Mohan.

Re: Regarding porting AES ciphers alone to kernel

Michael Sierchio

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Elluru, Krishna <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Openssl dev team,
> We are looking for porting AES Cipher suite alone to kernel for a requirement.

What platform?  Linux and BSD support /dev/crypto, which is pretty much what you want.  Support exists for HSMs.

- M

RE: Regarding porting AES ciphers alone to kernel

Green, Paul
Krishna Mohan wrote:

> We are looking for porting AES Cipher suite alone to kernel for a requirement.

IMHO, the components of OpenSSL are not really optimized for this use. Further, OpenSSL is not the only implementation of AES that is available to you. You might want to look around; the other implementations might be more self-contained and lots easier to put into a kernel. There are both commercial and non-commercial implementations that are available on the web.

You might start by looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES_implementations

Thanks
PG
--
Sr. Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies Inc.
Office: +1-978-461-7557; Twitter: @stratuspaulg

Re: Regarding porting AES ciphers alone to kernel

Cristian Rodríguez
El 30/08/13 01:24, Elluru, Krishna escribió:
> HI Openssl dev team,
> We are looking for porting AES Cipher suite alone to kernel for a
> requirement.

what kernel ?

Linux have the CRYPTO API that already implements pretty much what you want.

BSD have /dev/crypto and openssl has an engine to support it.

Re: Regarding porting AES ciphers alone to kernel

Elluru, Krishna
HI Cristian,
    This is needed on FREEBSD 8.1 version. I heard only FREEBSD 9.1, has
the crypto engine to support. Am I correct?

Thanks
Krishna Mohan.