Reg: [Crash inside SSL_CTX_free ()]

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Reg: [Crash inside SSL_CTX_free ()]

Saimohan Gajula
Hi,

We are encountering the crash inside the SSL_CTX_free(). Any leads for the solution will be greatly appreciated.

We are using openssl 1_0_2 and  libcrypto.so.1.0.0.

Please help us know if anyone else also faced this issue earlier.

Kindly find the Stack trace for your reference

Stack: #0 0x00007fc013fae51d in lh_insert () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#1 0x00007fc013ef74f9 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#2 0x00007fc013ef7ed2 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#3 0x00007fc013fdd879 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#4 0x00007fc013fe2530 in asn1_item_combine_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#5 0x00007fc013fe27a4 in ASN1_item_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#6 0x00007fc0140063d1 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#7 0x00007fc013fae001 in sk_pop_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#8 0x00007fc0140068f4 in X509_STORE_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
#9 0x00007fc01433ef12 in SSL_CTX_free () from /lib/x86_64/libssl.so.1.0.0
 
Thanks for your help!!!

Best Regards,
Sai.



--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Reg: [Crash inside SSL_CTX_free ()]

Viktor Dukhovni
You either have threading problems are sharing structures without
proper reference counting or other protections.  Perhaps the
X509_STORE used in the context was already freed by some other
caller?  Or something completely unrelated corrupted the heap.
The below is not sufficient for anyone else to help you, time
to get good at using a debugger, you probably want an SSL
library compiled with debugging symbols and not stripped.

> On Oct 5, 2018, at 1:12 AM, Saimohan Gajula <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We are encountering the crash inside the SSL_CTX_free(). Any leads for the solution will be greatly appreciated.
>
> We are using openssl 1_0_2 and  libcrypto.so.1.0.0.
>
> Please help us know if anyone else also faced this issue earlier.
>
> Kindly find the Stack trace for your reference
>
> Stack: #0 0x00007fc013fae51d in lh_insert () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #1 0x00007fc013ef74f9 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #2 0x00007fc013ef7ed2 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #3 0x00007fc013fdd879 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #4 0x00007fc013fe2530 in asn1_item_combine_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #5 0x00007fc013fe27a4 in ASN1_item_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #6 0x00007fc0140063d1 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #7 0x00007fc013fae001 in sk_pop_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #8 0x00007fc0140068f4 in X509_STORE_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #9 0x00007fc01433ef12 in SSL_CTX_free () from /lib/x86_64/libssl.so.1.0.0

--
        Viktor.

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Reg: [Crash inside SSL_CTX_free ()]

Saimohan Gajula
Hi Viktor,

Please find the stack trace with the debugging information .
Kindly check if it helps.
#0  0x00007fc013fae51d in lh_insert () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#1 0x00007fc013ef74f9 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#2 0x00007fc013ef7ed2 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#3 0x00007fc013fdd879 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#4 0x00007fc013fe2530 in asn1_item_combine_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#5 0x00007fc013fe27a4 in ASN1_item_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#6 0x00007fc0140063d1 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#7 0x00007fc013fae001 in sk_pop_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#8 0x00007fc0140068f4 in X509_STORE_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#9 0x00007fc01433ef12 in SSL_CTX_free () from /lib/x86_64/libssl.so.1.0.0
No symbol table info available.
#10 0x00007fc0089b9a89 in bedrock::net::ContextEntry::~ContextEntry (this=0x558451bc6730, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at src/libs/libjcore/src/bedrock/net/ssl/MultidomainCerts.hpp:63
No locals.
#11 bedrock::net::ContextEntry::~ContextEntry (this=0x558451bc6730, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at src/libs/libjcore/src/bedrock/net/ssl/MultidomainCerts.hpp:66
No locals.
#12 bedrock::net::MultidomainCertContexts::~MultidomainCertContexts (this=0x558451ba6778, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at src/libs/libjcore/src/bedrock/net/ssl/MultidomainCerts.cpp:368
entry = 0x558451bc6730
iter = {
_M_node = 0x558451bbb7b0
}
#13 0x00007fc0089b85cd in bedrock::net::OpenSSL_SSLParams::~OpenSSL_SSLParams (this=0x558451ba65e0, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at src/libs/libjcore/src/bedrock/net/ssl/OpenSSL_SSL.cpp:404
No locals.
#14 0x00007fc0089b86fc in bedrock::net::OpenSSL_SSLParams::~OpenSSL_SSLParams (this=0x558451ba65e0, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at src/libs/libjcore/src/bedrock/net/ssl/OpenSSL_SSL.cpp:453
No locals.
#15 0x00007fc014f137c7 in jax::JAXConnection::~JAXConnection (this=0x558451b96f10, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at src/libs/libjcore/src/jax/JAXConnection.cpp:184
No locals.
#16 0x00007fc014f138dc in jax::JAXConnection::~JAXConnection (this=0x558451b96f10, __in_chrg=<optimized out>) at src/libs/libjcore/src/jax/JAXConnection.cpp:185
No locals.
#17 0x00007fc014f158e8 in jax::JAXConnection::_shutdown_cb (this=0x558451b96f10) at src/libs/libjcore/src/jax/JAXConnection.cpp:357
No locals.
#18 0x00007fc014ebee9c in bedrock::ThreadPool::Worker::run (arg=0x558451ade050) at src/libs/libjcore/src/bedrock/ThreadPool.cpp:379
fh = 0x558451be4180
worker = 0x558451ade050
#19 0x00007fc0126ac633 in start_thread (arg=0x7fc010024700) at pthread_create.c:463
pd = 0x7fc010024700
now = <optimized out>
unwind_buf = {
cancel_jmp_buf = {[0] = {
jmp_buf = {[0] = 140462879033088,
[1] = -4982464771670778168,
[2] = 140729306381518,
[3] = 140729306381519,
[4] = 140729306381520,
[5] = 0,
[6] = 4997476835555696328,
[7] = 4997480896125492936},
mask_was_saved = 0
}},
priv = {
pad = {[0] = 0x0,
[1] = 0x0,
[2] = 0x0,
[3] = 0x0},
data = {
prev = 0x0,
cleanup = 0x0,
canceltype = 0
}
}
}
not_first_call = <optimized out>
#20 0x00007fc0123df98f in clone () from /lib/x86_64/libc.so.6

Thanks & Regards,
Sai



On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 10:51 AM Viktor Dukhovni <[hidden email]> wrote:
You either have threading problems are sharing structures without
proper reference counting or other protections.  Perhaps the
X509_STORE used in the context was already freed by some other
caller?  Or something completely unrelated corrupted the heap.
The below is not sufficient for anyone else to help you, time
to get good at using a debugger, you probably want an SSL
library compiled with debugging symbols and not stripped.

> On Oct 5, 2018, at 1:12 AM, Saimohan Gajula <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> We are encountering the crash inside the SSL_CTX_free(). Any leads for the solution will be greatly appreciated.
>
> We are using openssl 1_0_2 and  libcrypto.so.1.0.0.
>
> Please help us know if anyone else also faced this issue earlier.
>
> Kindly find the Stack trace for your reference
>
> Stack: #0 0x00007fc013fae51d in lh_insert () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #1 0x00007fc013ef74f9 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #2 0x00007fc013ef7ed2 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #3 0x00007fc013fdd879 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #4 0x00007fc013fe2530 in asn1_item_combine_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #5 0x00007fc013fe27a4 in ASN1_item_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #6 0x00007fc0140063d1 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #7 0x00007fc013fae001 in sk_pop_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #8 0x00007fc0140068f4 in X509_STORE_free () from /lib/x86_64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0
> #9 0x00007fc01433ef12 in SSL_CTX_free () from /lib/x86_64/libssl.so.1.0.0

--
        Viktor.

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Reg: [Crash inside SSL_CTX_free ()]

Viktor Dukhovni


> On Oct 5, 2018, at 2:07 AM, Saimohan Gajula <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please find the stack trace with the debugging information .
> Kindly check if it helps.

No, this problem really is yours to debug I'm afraid...

--
        Viktor.

--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users