Re: simple question again

Alok-7
Joshua Juran wrote:

> On May 19, 2005, at 4:03 PM, Miles Bradford wrote:
>
>> So when you send the CSR including the Public Key - you would send
>> them the
>> (your) Private Key, also? Then they sign it with a Private Key they've
>> created? and send it back?
>

> You don't give away your private key to anybody, not even the
> certificate authority. Since nobody else will see it, there's no value
> to having it signed, because nobody could verify the signature.
>
> And, of course, the private key is useless if disclosed.
>
> Josh

Given that you know
a. your CSR
b. the reply /signed cert using his priv_key that the signing authority
has used,

Is it possible to determine his priv_key used to sign the known plain text?

EVP API for SHA-1 Error

Rafael Cividanes
   Hi,

   When I use EVP API in Borland Builder 5.0 the EVP_sha1( ) argument is
not found and an error result. EVP_md5() argument works properly. When
using Microsoft Visual C++ both work. Using SHA1 API in Borland Builder
works too. The problem is that Builder does not recognize EVP_sha1( )
parameter necessary in EVP  init function:
     EVP_DigestInit(&ctx, EVP_sha1(  ));

    The problem occour only in Builder, in Microsoft Visual C++
everything works well.

    Thanks in Advance,

--
Rafael Cividanes
Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica - ITA

r.e testing beta

Rodney Thayer
I've tried one of the 0.9.8 snapshots and "make test" is failing, after running for an enormous amount
of time.  (openssl-0.9.8-stable-SNAP-20050613.tar.gz)

Two questions:

1. what's the output supposed to look like, these days?  Specifically, is it supposed to run a long time?

2. where's the right place to report this - assuming for the moment I've found a legitimate bit
of beta feedback ;-)

Re: r.e testing beta

Nils Larsch
Rodney Thayer wrote:
> I've tried one of the 0.9.8 snapshots and "make test" is failing, after
> running for an enormous amount
> of time.  (openssl-0.9.8-stable-SNAP-20050613.tar.gz)
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. what's the output supposed to look like, these days?

what do you get ?

> Specifically, is it supposed to run a long time?

depending the computing power a "make test" run may need some time

> 2. where's the right place to report this - assuming for the moment I've
> found a legitimate bit
> of beta feedback ;-)

openssl-dev or the openssl bug tracker ([hidden email])

Nils

Re: r.e testing beta

Ben Laurie
Rodney Thayer wrote:
> I've tried one of the 0.9.8 snapshots and "make test" is failing, after
> running for an enormous amount
> of time.  (openssl-0.9.8-stable-SNAP-20050613.tar.gz)
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. what's the output supposed to look like, these days?  Specifically,
> is it supposed to run a long time?

I've had some incidents where a fresh build seems to get into a loop for
make test. Unfortunately, every time I've considered nailing it down,
its gone away.

I haven't reported it yet, for lack of any concrete information. But if
I'm not the only one...

--

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html       http://www.thebunker.net/