Re: [openssl-users] Freeze to mailing list memberships

TJ

Re: [openssl-users] Freeze to mailing list memberships

TJ
On 26/11/14 02:05, Salz, Rich wrote:> We will soon be freezing the mailing list memberships for a couple of days.

> We are moving to a new server and upgrading the mail infrastructure

Are you aware that the headers for the mailman configuration are inconsistent; some specify the previous
openssl.org email addresses whilst others use the mta.opensslfoundation.net address.

It's playing havock with procmail filters!

openssl-dev:

Sender: "openssl-dev" <[hidden email]>

openssl-users:

Sender: "openssl-users" <[hidden email]>

openssl-announce:

Sender: "openssl-announce" <[hidden email]>

Re: [openssl-users] Freeze to mailing list memberships

Kurt Roeckx
On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 07:34:13PM +0000, TJ wrote:
> On 26/11/14 02:05, Salz, Rich wrote:> We will soon be freezing the mailing list memberships for a couple of days.
> >
> >We are moving to a new server and upgrading the mail infrastructure
>
> Are you aware that the headers for the mailman configuration are inconsistent; some specify the previous
> openssl.org email addresses whilst others use the mta.opensslfoundation.net address.

They should all have been changed from mta.opensslfoundation.net
to openssl.org.

Kurt

Re: [openssl-users] Freeze to mailing list memberships

Walter H.
On 05.12.2014 21:46, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 07:34:13PM +0000, TJ wrote:
>> On 26/11/14 02:05, Salz, Rich wrote:>  We will soon be freezing the mailing list memberships for a couple of days.
>>> We are moving to a new server and upgrading the mail infrastructure
>> Are you aware that the headers for the mailman configuration are inconsistent; some specify the previous
>> openssl.org email addresses whilst others use the mta.opensslfoundation.net address.
> They should all have been changed from mta.opensslfoundation.net
> to openssl.org.

now, what is the email adress in the To for List
which I can use to sort in at my IMAP server?

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 09:57:05PM +0100, Walter H. wrote:

> On 05.12.2014 21:46, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> >On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 07:34:13PM +0000, TJ wrote:
> >>On 26/11/14 02:05, Salz, Rich wrote:>  We will soon be freezing the mailing list memberships for a couple of days.
> >>Are you aware that the headers for the mailman configuration are inconsistent; some specify the previous
> >>openssl.org email addresses whilst others use the mta.opensslfoundation.net address.
> >They should all have been changed from mta.opensslfoundation.net
> >to openssl.org.
> >
> now, what is the email adress in the To for List
> which I can use to sort in at my IMAP server?

The recommended way to sort is based on the List-Id.  The name of
the list will stay [hidden email] as it always was,
ignore the mta.opensslfoundation.net mails you saw.

Kurt

Re: [openssl-users] Freeze to mailing list memberships

Philip Prindeville
On Dec 5, 2014, at 1:57 PM, Walter H. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 05.12.2014 21:46, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 07:34:13PM +0000, TJ wrote:
>>> On 26/11/14 02:05, Salz, Rich wrote:>  We will soon be freezing the mailing list memberships for a couple of days.
>>> Are you aware that the headers for the mailman configuration are inconsistent; some specify the previous
>>> openssl.org email addresses whilst others use the mta.opensslfoundation.net address.
>> They should all have been changed from mta.opensslfoundation.net
>> to openssl.org.
>>
> now, what is the email adress in the To for List
> which I can use to sort in at my IMAP server?

I would use the List-Id: value, actually.

<openssl-users.openssl.org>
<openssl-users.mta.opensslfoundation.net>

Sometimes multiple lists are copied, sometimes the list is Bcc’d.

-Philip

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 02:50:00PM -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2014, at 1:57 PM, Walter H. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >> They should all have been changed from mta.opensslfoundation.net
> >> to openssl.org.
> >>
> > now, what is the email adress in the To for List
> > which I can use to sort in at my IMAP server?
>

> I would use the List-Id: value, actually.
>
> <openssl-users.openssl.org>
> <openssl-users.mta.opensslfoundation.net>
>
> Sometimes multiple lists are copied, sometimes the list is Bcc'd.

The 2nd one was temporary, use the first one.

Kurt

On 05.12.2014 23:08, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 02:50:00PM -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:

>>> now, what is the email adress in the To for List
>>> which I can use to sort in at my IMAP server?
>>
>> I would use the List-Id: value, actually.
>>
>> <openssl-users.openssl.org>
>> <openssl-users.mta.opensslfoundation.net>
>>
>> Sometimes multiple lists are copied, sometimes the list is Bcc'd.
> The 2nd one was temporary, use the first one.
>

> Kurt
then have a try;

by the way: some mails that were sent/received by some through this
list, don't contain the List-Id ...

Walter

On Sat, Dec 06, 2014 at 10:08:30AM +0100, Walter H. wrote:

> On 05.12.2014 23:08, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> >>I would use the List-Id: value, actually.
> >>
> >><openssl-users.openssl.org>
> >><openssl-users.mta.opensslfoundation.net>
> >>
> >>Sometimes multiple lists are copied, sometimes the list is Bcc'd.
> >The 2nd one was temporary, use the first one.
> >

> >Kurt
> then have a try;
>
> by the way: some mails that were sent/received by some through this list,
> don't contain the List-Id ...

We just changed from majordomo that doesn't support List-Id's to
mailman that does.  All the mails since the move to mailman should
have had a List-Id, but at some point it contained
mta.opensslfoundation.net and was changed to openssl.org

Kurt

Re: [openssl-users] Freeze to mailing list memberships

Alvaro Herrera-2
Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> Kurt

The footer still says mta.opensslfoundation.net ... is this intentional?

--
Álvaro Herrera

Re: [openssl-users] Freeze to mailing list memberships

Salz, Rich
> > openssl-users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://mta.opensslfoundation.net/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
>
> The footer still says mta.opensslfoundation.net ... is this intentional?

Yes, until we make some more DNS changes as we move our infrastructure forward.