Re: [openssl-project] Late thoughts on the 1.1.1 release - are we fooling ourselves?

Re: [openssl-project] Late thoughts on the 1.1.1 release - are we fooling ourselves?

Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
> Personally, I see this as a showstopper re a release on Tuesday,
> but I think it's on all of us to come to an agreement, that is
> unless we actually do label and fix everything that needs fixing
> 'til Monday evening (Euro time)...

The planned Tuesday release was only another beta, albeit perhaps the
last.

So even if the final 1.1.1 release is delayed, it would still be very
useful to have an RFC compliant version of TLSv1.3 in a beta sooner
rather than later, for final testing against browsers and clients.

And then perhaps another final beta if lots of other stuff is changed?

Angus

Re: [openssl-project] Late thoughts on the 1.1.1 release - are we fooling ourselves?

Juan Isoza
What is the difference between draft 28 and rfc for tls 1.3 ?

Re: [openssl-project] Late thoughts on the 1.1.1 release - are we fooling ourselves?

Kurt Roeckx
On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 07:48:21PM +0200, Juan Isoza wrote:
> What is the difference between draft 28 and rfc for tls 1.3 ?

The drafts used a version that said which draft version it was.
The RFC version has a different version. So the version that's
send in ClientHello is different, and a draft version will not
talk to an RFC version using the TLS 1.3 protocol.

Kurt

Re: [openssl-project] Late thoughts on the 1.1.1 release - are we fooling ourselves?

Hubert Kario
On Saturday, 18 August 2018 19:48:21 CEST Juan Isoza wrote:
> What is the difference between draft 28 and rfc for tls 1.3 ?

the downgrade protection mechanism gets enabled for the first time

Hubert Kario
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 115, 612 00  Brno, Czech Republic