Re: Problem in compiling openssl 0.9.7g on Windows with MSVC workspace

Re: Problem in compiling openssl 0.9.7g on Windows with MSVC workspace

Francois PIETTE
I have the exact same problem and can't fix it.
Can someone give a step by step procedure to fix the problem ?
Or maybe correct MSVC workspace exist somewhere ?

btw: Compiling works OK when using the make file. It only fails as explained
below when using MSVC workspace.

The author for the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
http://www.overbyte.be

Re: Problem in compiling openssl 0.9.7g on Windows with MSVC workspace

Francois PIETTE
Am i the only one still using MSVC workspace ?
Can someone give a look at my message below ?

The author for the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
http://www.overbyte.be

>I have the exact same problem and can't fix it.
> Can someone give a step by step procedure to fix the problem ?
> Or maybe correct MSVC workspace exist somewhere ?
>
> btw: Compiling works OK when using the make file. It only fails as
> explained below when using MSVC workspace.

> The author for the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
> The author of the freeware Internet Component Suite (ICS)
> http://www.overbyte.be

Sean E. Covel
From the looks of it you are missing some include files.  Search the
source for where those symbols are defined.  Get those include files
into your project.

BTW, why not just link to the libs?  You could even link statically.

Sean

Francois PIETTE wrote:

> Am i the only one still using MSVC workspace ?
> Can someone give a look at my message below ?

> The author for the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
> The author of the freeware Internet Component Suite (ICS)
> http://www.overbyte.be
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francois PIETTE"
> <[hidden email]>

There are no missing source file. The symbols are defined by various macros.
Everything is there (I can compile correctly with the command line make
file). I think it us only a matter of compiler or linker option. I think it
currently compile the symbols as externals.

> BTW, why not just link to the libs?  You could even link statically.

I need the DLL because I don't write any C/C++ application but a Delphi
application which dynamically link to the two OpenSSL DLL.

The author for the freeware multi-tier middleware MidWare
http://www.overbyte.be

> Francois PIETTE wrote:
>> Am i the only one still using MSVC workspace ?
>> Can someone give a look at my message below ?
>>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Francois PIETTE"
>> <[hidden email]>

I'm progressing !
The file v3_pcia.c was missing from libeay32/x509v3 files !
Now I have only one undefined symbol remaining: v3_pci

--- cut here ---
   Creating library ..\..\out32dll\Debug/libeay32.lib and object
..\..\out32dll\Debug/libeay32.exp
v3_lib.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _v3_pci
..\..\out32dll\Debug/libeay32.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

--- cut here ---

I still have to find where it is defined. Probably in another file that is
missing from libeay32.dll project.