Re: Openssl 1.1.0f support for building Openssh7.2p2 and above

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Openssl 1.1.0f support for building Openssh7.2p2 and above

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Dear Concern,

Can you please update me on my below query?

Does openssl 1.1.0f version support building Openssh7.2p2 and above versions?

Regards,
Sravani

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Sravani Maddukuri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Concern,

I am using openssh 7.2p2 version ported to use along with my software.
After upgrading openssl to 1.1.0f, I am getting compilation errors in the openssh code.

Does openssl 1.1.0f version support building Openssh7.2p2 and above versions?

Regards,
Sravani


--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Openssl 1.1.0f support for building Openssh7.2p2 and above

Jeffrey Walton-3
On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 11:31 PM, Sravani Maddukuri via openssl-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Concern,
>
> Can you please update me on my below query?
>
> Does openssl 1.1.0f version support building Openssh7.2p2 and above
> versions?

As far as I know, OpenSSH does not support OpenSSL 1.1.0. Kurt Roeckx
provided the initial port and offered the patches to OpenSSH, but they
were never merged.

Also see http://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/pull/48 and
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/OpenSSL_1.1.0_Changes#OpenSSH.

Jeff
--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Openssl 1.1.0f support for building Openssh7.2p2 and above

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Thanks for the update Jeff.

Is there any plans in the future to get the support of OpenSSL 1.1.0 for OpenSSH?

Regards,
Sravani

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 9:18 AM, Jeffrey Walton <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 11:31 PM, Sravani Maddukuri via openssl-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Concern,
>
> Can you please update me on my below query?
>
> Does openssl 1.1.0f version support building Openssh7.2p2 and above
> versions?

As far as I know, OpenSSH does not support OpenSSL 1.1.0. Kurt Roeckx
provided the initial port and offered the patches to OpenSSH, but they
were never merged.

Also see http://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable/pull/48 and
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/OpenSSL_1.1.0_Changes#OpenSSH.

Jeff


--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Openssl 1.1.0f support for building Openssh7.2p2 and above

Jeffrey Walton-3
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Sravani Maddukuri via openssl-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any plans in the future to get the support of OpenSSL 1.1.0 for
> OpenSSH?

You should ask the OpenSSH folks.

Jeff
--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Openssl 1.1.0f support for building Openssh7.2p2 and above

OpenSSL - User mailing list
I will check with OpenSSH team on this. Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Sravani

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Jeffrey Walton <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 2:01 AM, Sravani Maddukuri via openssl-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is there any plans in the future to get the support of OpenSSL 1.1.0 for
> OpenSSH?

You should ask the OpenSSH folks.

Jeff


--
openssl-users mailing list
To unsubscribe: https://mta.openssl.org/mailman/listinfo/openssl-users
Loading...