Re: Download fips 1.2.3

Eric S. Eberhard-2
You need to:

gunzip openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar.gz

That will create openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar

Then tar -xvf openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar

Eric

At 03:11 PM 5/23/2011, Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:

>Hi, all
>
>Has anyone had problem with openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar.gz? When I tried
>to "tar xvf" on my Solaris 10 SPARC, the source had error message
>"unexpected EOF". I have tried with different proxy servers and
>direct download from the site but had no luck. I now downloaded
>v1.2.2 and no problem with the source to configure and make. Thanks.
>
>Ryan Jiang
>

>This message (including any attachments) is intended
>solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
>above, and may contain legally privileged and
>confidential information. If you are not the intended
>recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
>replying to this message and then delete it.
>Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
>or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
>intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )

RE: Download fips 1.2.3

Ruiyuan Jiang
Hi, Eric

That is what I did exactly and failed on "tar xvf" and I don't have problem with 1.2.2.

Ryan

At 03:11 PM 5/23/2011, Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:

>Hi, all
>
>Has anyone had problem with openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar.gz? When I tried
>to "tar xvf" on my Solaris 10 SPARC, the source had error message
>"unexpected EOF". I have tried with different proxy servers and
>direct download from the site but had no luck. I now downloaded
>v1.2.2 and no problem with the source to configure and make. Thanks.
>
>Ryan Jiang
>

>This message (including any attachments) is intended
>solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
>above, and may contain legally privileged and
>confidential information. If you are not the intended
>recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
>replying to this message and then delete it.
>Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
>or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
>intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.

Re: Download fips 1.2.3

Eric S. Eberhard-2
Oh -- if you like being efficient and not wasting disk space this works nicely:

gunzip -c openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar.gz | tar xvf -

This will uncompress on the fly and leave the compressed file.

At 03:21 PM 5/23/2011, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:

> [...]

(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Pictures of Snake in Spring

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=115547&id=1409661701&l=1c375e1f49

Pictures of Camp Verde

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12771&id=1409661701&l=fc0e0a2bcf

Pictures of Land Cruiser in Sedona

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=50953&id=1409661701

Pictures of Flagstaff area near our cabin

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12750&id=1409661701

Pictures of Cheryl in a Horse Show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32484&id=1409661701

Pictures of the AZ Desert

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58827&id=1409661701

(You can see why we love this state :-) )

Try this -- you may have a space problem.

gunzip -c openssl-fips-1.2.3.tar.gz | tar xvf
-                                 (this uncompresses on the fly)

You also might have had a space problem when you downloaded and the
file is not complete, check the number of bytes against the ftp
severver.  Last, you may have accidently downloaded in ASCII mode
instead of binary, which makes a mess of the file.

Given that EOF seems to be the problem, I suspect download or gunzip
space problems.  May also want to try another mirror?

Eric