RSA-PSS - Backwards compatability - EVP_PKEY_get0_RSA

RSA-PSS - Backwards compatability - EVP_PKEY_get0_RSA

Pedro Filipe
Hello,

I'm assigning the RSA key as EVP_PKEY_RSA_PSS:
RSA* key;
EVP_PKEY_assign(*outKey, EVP_PKEY_RSA_PSS, key);

As is known EVP_PKEY_get0_RSA was recently updated to also accepts EVP_PKEY_RSA_PSS and return the rsa value.

I'd like to know if there is any workaround to get the RSA key (RSA-PSS) .
I have to support openssl 1.0.1h and 1.1.1b.

Best regards,
Pedro Lopes

Re: RSA-PSS - Backwards compatability - EVP_PKEY_get0_RSA

Matt Caswell-2

On 07/02/2020 18:14, Pedro Lopes wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm assigning the RSA key as EVP_PKEY_RSA_PSS:
> RSA* key;
> EVP_PKEY_assign(*outKey, EVP_PKEY_RSA_PSS, key);
>
> As is known EVP_PKEY_get0_RSA was recently updated to also accepts
> EVP_PKEY_RSA_PSS and return the rsa value.
>
> I'd like to know if there is any workaround to get the RSA key (RSA-PSS) .
> I have to support openssl 1.0.1h and 1.1.1b.

It's horrible, and it's a hack, but this would probably work:

RSA *key = (RSA *)EVP_PKEY_get0(outkey)

Matt