RSA PKCS1 v2.1 - Multi-primes and RSASSA-PSS

RSA PKCS1 v2.1 - Multi-primes and RSASSA-PSS

Davy Souza

Hi,

I'm using RSA, but I need to know if OpenSSL RSA implements PKCS#1 v2.1. I have the following questions:

   1) Does OpenSSL support multi-prime?

   2) Does OpenSSL support RSASSA-PSS?

   3) If so, how can I use it?

I have checked the code (RSA Struct), and the doc, but I'm not sure if v2.1 is completely implemented or not.

Best regards.

Davy Alves de Souza

Computer Scientist
Federal University of São Carlos, Sorocaba / SP - Brazil

Re: RSA PKCS1 v2.1 - Multi-primes and RSASSA-PSS

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Wed, Apr 05, 2017, Davy Souza wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using RSA, but I need to know if OpenSSL RSA implements PKCS#1 v2.1. I have the following questions:
>
>    1) Does OpenSSL support multi-prime?

No.

>    2) Does OpenSSL support RSASSA-PSS?

Yes.

>    3) If so, how can I use it?

In what context do you want to use it? For example CMS, certificates, TLS,
general application code or via the command line?

Re: RSA PKCS1 v2.1 - Multi-primes and RSASSA-PSS

Davy Souza

> In what context do you want to use it? For example CMS, certificates, TLS,
    general application code or via the command line?

It's a C++ embedded application for a POS.  One requirement is to use PKCS#1 v2.1 for RSA functions.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017, Davy Souza wrote:

> > In what context do you want to use it? For example CMS, certificates, TLS,
>     general application code or via the command line?
>

> It's a C++ embedded application for a POS.  One requirement is to use PKCS#1 v2.1 for RSA functions.

Then you need to use EVP_PKEY_sign/EVP_PKEY_verify or
EVP_DigestSign*/EVP_DigestVerify.

In either case you have an EVP_PKEY_CTX structure and you need to set the
padding mode and parameters using EVP_PKEY_CTX_set_rsa_padding(),
EVP_PKEY_CTX_set_rsa_pss_saltlen() and if you use
EVP_PKEY_sign/EVP_PKEY_verify EVP_PKEY_CTX_set_signature_md().