RFC 3280, UTF8String and Cyrillic letters in CN

RFC 3280, UTF8String and Cyrillic letters in CN

sth-2

Hi everyone,

If I follow RFC 3280 at “4.1.2.4  Issuer” and “4.1.2.6  Subject” then all “DirectoryString” implementations should be in “UTF8String” format.

If for example I have a CN that is filled in with Latin  letters, then the total length of these symbols should be 64 symbols.

If I use only Cyrillic symbols (which is my case) the I could insert only 32 Cyrillic symbols which is unusable in some many cases when the person has 3 names with total length of 35 to 40 Cyrillic letters.

My question is: Is this correct or I miss something ? And if this is the fact how to insert 40 Cyrillic letters in CN field following RFC 3280 specifications ?

Best regards,

Stefan