Quick question about 'client-ssl-warning' => 'Peer certificate no t verified'

Quick question about 'client-ssl-warning' => 'Peer certificate no t verified'

Chris Mckenzie
Message
Hi all.

I've been making out fairly well with my usage of LWP and IO::Socket::SSL, to the point where I'm trying to include a list of trusted peer server and CA certs to trust.

The only problem is I can't seem to force OpenSSL to drop all non-trusted/verified SSL connections. If I try connecting to a site that I don't current have a trusted root for, the connection handshake is established and all I have to show for it is the response header client-ssl-warning' => 'Peer certificate not verified'.

This of course isn't desirable. I need to force a connection break during the hand shaking, not after the connection is established.

Is there an OpenSSL environment variable I can set to require SSL cert verification?

Thanks!

- Chris