Questions about which architectures OpenSSL distributions are known to run on

Questions about which architectures OpenSSL distributions are known to run on

Dan Trainor-3
Hello, all -

I was wondering if anyone had or knew of a list that displayed which
architectures OpenSSL is known to compile on/for, specifically embedded
devices.  For some reason I'm not able to hit openssl.org, but I'll try
back there in a few.

I'd also like to know where one might start to try to compile an OpenSSL
distribution for an off-the-wall architecture.

I'm a bit new to this, so if the question sounds kindof dumb, I
apologize in advance.  I'm plenty prepared to hear some harsh feedback,
but every little bit helps.

Thanks for the time
-dant

x64 bit complle partially successful

Majzik Matyas
Hi!

I have successfully compiled OpenSSL 0.9.8-beta2 using the new platform SDK
which
includes 64 bit compiler for AMD 64 and EM64T processors on windows x64.
After the compile the tests are successful and even my 64 bit applications
worked properly and fast :))  (Of course I had to use do_ms or do_nt instead
of do_masm because the 64 bit assemler failed on those asm routines) However
during compilation I get warning about size_t to int and long conversations:
possible loss of data. This is because size_t and even SOCKET is 64 bit wide
in this environment.
Should I care about this? Or it is enough that tests are all successful.

I had to modify nt.mak and and ntdll.mak:

I had to remove /WX and /G5 flags from the compiler directives.
I had to remove /machine:I386 flag from linker directives.
I had to add bufferoverflowU.lib to the libs to enable runtime checks.

However it is impossible to create a dynamic link library. When I want to
compile using
ntdll.mak I get the following:
        link /nologo /subsystem:console /opt:ref /dll bufferoverflowU.lib
/out:o
ut32dll\libeay32.dll /def:ms/LIBEAY32.def
@C:\DOCUME~1\openssldev\LOCALS~1\Temp\nm10.tmp
ms/LIBEAY32.def(7) : warning LNK4017: DESCRIPTION statement not supported
for the target platform; ignored
   Creating library out32dll\libeay32.lib and object out32dll\libeay32.exp
bss_fd.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol OPENSSL_UplinkTable
referenced in function fd_free
bss_file.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol OPENSSL_UplinkTable
b_dump.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol OPENSSL_UplinkTable
out32dll\libeay32.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

I also tried to compile 0.9.7g using the 64 bit compiler and it was
successful but using FILE * type routines in this compilation always result
in a crash. Even with /MD and /MT flags properly used.

But beta2 statically linked working flawlessly and absolutely perfectly on
Windows X64 edition using a 64 bit compiler. Great! Can you help compiling
to create dlls?

Matyas Majzik