Question regarding certificate requests !

Question regarding certificate requests !

Nabil Ghadiali
Question regarding certificate requests !

I've generated a public exponent and the modulus for an RSA key pair and my final goal is to create a certificate. Does openssl allow me a way to create a certificate request from these two hex values that i have?

Thanks,
Nabil

RE: Question regarding certificate requests !

David C. Partridge
Howsabout using openssl req ?

That does what U want I think you will find.

Dave

RE: Question regarding certificate requests !

Nabil Ghadiali

Openssl req seems to output those components...however I am not able to find
a way to "input" these as command line parameters.

-Nabil

That does what U want I think you will find.

Dave

Re: Question regarding certificate requests !

William Studenmund
On Jun 9, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Nabil Ghadiali wrote:

> Openssl req seems to output those components...however I am not able
> to find
> a way to "input" these as command line parameters.

man openssl_req

Try something like:

openssl req -new -key foo.key -out foo.csr -sha1

Take care,

Bill

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment