Question on ECC (openssl vs wcurve)

Gayathri Sundar-3
Hi All,

Have a basic ECC question, I have a predefined scalar K, and I used the x9.62 256 prime curve. Invoking the scalar multiplication method EC_POINT_mul with the generator of that curve, I get a different output, when compared with wcurve of python.

The curve is fixed, K is fixed but the generator multiply to get the public key is different.

Any clues would be helpful.

Thanks
--Gayathri

RE: Question on ECC (openssl vs wcurve)

Dave Thompson-5

Are you looking at x,y values or an encoded (external) point?

If the latter, it might be different encoding format, there are 3.

Otherwise, you probably have something wrong, since OpenSSL

successfully interoperates with other EC implementations.

Post details – if you want to keep K secret (as you certainly

should if it’s a private key) use some other value.