Quantcast

Question about fetching client ciphers

OpenSSL - User mailing list

Hey Guys,

Had a question about obtaining client ciphers from OpenSSL library.

Currently we are doing SNI by registering to SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_servername_callback and taking a decision on the right certificate. We were trying to figure out how we can get more information like client ciphers, etc in that callback. I see the ‘SSL_get_client_ciphers’ API in newer (Openssl 1.1.0+), but not in the older versions (Openssl 1.0.2).

Is there any other way we can read the client ciphersuite in the callback we register to SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_servername_callback

Thanks,

Varun

Re: Question about fetching client ciphers

OpenSSL - User mailing list

Retrying..

From: "Lodaya, Varun" <[hidden email]>
Date: Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 12:28 PM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Subject: Question about fetching client ciphers

Hey Guys,

Had a question about obtaining client ciphers from OpenSSL library.

Currently we are doing SNI by registering to SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_servername_callback and taking a decision on the right certificate. We were trying to figure out how we can get more information like client ciphers, etc in that callback. I see the ‘SSL_get_client_ciphers’ API in newer (Openssl 1.1.0+), but not in the older versions (Openssl 1.0.2).

Is there any other way we can read the client ciphersuite or the client-server negotiated ciphersuite in the callback we register to SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_servername_callback?

Thanks,

Varun