Query related to obtaining of temp key

OpenSSL - User mailing list

Hi All,

I have a query related to getting the temporary key used during the key exchange. As a TLS client, I am able to get the key using the API SSL_get_peer_tmp_key().

But when acting as TLS Server, I used API SSL_get_tmp_key(). This API is returning the temp key for TLS1.3 ciphers but for ECDHE and DHE algorithm type,  the tmp key is not obtained. In the code, the tmp key is being cleared during the client key exchange after generating secrets.

Is there any other way to obtain the temporary key when acting as a server?

Thanks in advance.