Query on engine support in OpenSSL 1.0.2h

Query on engine support in OpenSSL 1.0.2h

Jayalakshmi bhat

Hi All,

We currently use OpenSSL 1.0.2h, we are in the process of upgrading to OpenSSL 1.1.1. To address some legacy functionalities we are planning to write engines for OpenSSL 1.0.2h offload crypto operation to external components.

We have few queries regarding the same

  1. Can we offload all crypto operations (Digest, Encryption/decryption, RSA, ECDSA, DRBG etc) using Engines in OpenSSL 1.0.2h
  2. If not, is it must to upgrade to OpenSSL 1.1.1 to achieve the same?

Regards,
Jayalakshmi