Problems running application

Vanessa Campos
Hi,

I wrote an application (C++) using openssl. On my test environment it
works fine, but when i try to run it on my server I get this message:
"OpenSSL_Uplink (0050A010,07): no OpenSSL_Applink".

I thought it could be something related to installation of openssl,
but I have the same version on both sites.

Does anyone know what can be happening?
Thanks,

Vanessa Campos
[hidden email]
ICQ 35381281

"Efetivamente, para o homem, enquanto homem, nada tem valor a menos que ele possa executa-lo com entusiasmo" Max Weber

RE: Problems running application

JoelKatz

> I wrote an application (C++) using openssl. On my test environment it
> works fine, but when i try to run it on my server I get this message:
> "OpenSSL_Uplink (0050A010,07): no OpenSSL_Applink".
>
> I thought it could be something related to installation of openssl,
> but I have the same version on both sites.
>
> Does anyone know what can be happening?
> Thanks,

        Googling this error turned up tons of information, including:

Note that debug and release libraries are NOT interchangeable. If you built
OpenSSL with /MD your application must use /MD and cannot use /MDd.
As per 0.9.8 the above limitation is eliminated for .DLLs. OpenSSL .DLLs
compiled with some specific run-time option [we insist on the default /MD]
can be deployed with application compiled with different option or even
different compiler. But there is a catch! Instead of re-compiling OpenSSL
toolkit, as you would have to with prior versions, you have to compile small
C snippet with compiler and/or options of your choice. The snippet gets
installed as <install-root>/include/openssl/applink.c and should be either
added to your application project or simply #include-d in one [and only one]
of your application source files. Failure to link this shim module into your
application manifests itself as fatal "no OPENSSL_Applink" run-time error.
An explicit reminder is due that in this situation [mixing compiler options]
it is as important to add CRYPTO_malloc_init prior first call to OpenSSL.

        You don't mention any number of useful things. For example, what platform
is this? And what exactly is giving you this error and in what way is it
giving it to you?

        Strange to ask us why an application *you* wrote would be giving you a
particular error message without saying how or whether you got that
information from OpenSSL. For example, if you said, "the OpenSSL function
'foo' returned the error 'bar'" that would be a good start for an error
report. But to say, "my program gave me error 'qux'" doesn't really give any
clue.

        DS

RE: Problems running application

Vanessa Campos
Sorry for the lack of information. I really didn't know how to
describe it.

But I could solve the problem. I found out (quite after I wrote my
first message) that the openssl version on my server was different
from my development environment. So I corrected it and it worked
fine.

Thanks for the reply.