Private key/CA key

Donald Beck-3
I am a bit new to this, so I need a little help.

I created my own CA using openssl and I just want to make sure I have
this right.  I imported my signed certificate on my server from the
request I created from my server.  In order to prevent error messages,
for example, certificate errors in web browsers connecting to my site,
I need to install my CA's public key as a trusted 'authority' in my
browser?  Is this right?

Thanks - Donald

Re: Private key/CA key

Goetz Babin-Ebell