Private CA client cert file for iPad for a website

Private CA client cert file for iPad for a website

Tom Browder
Can anyone tell me how to generate an acceptable client cert for an iPad?

I have so far been unable to find out the file format needed.

I generated client cert files for my classmates over seven years ago in p12 format and they still work fine on Linux, Mac, and Windows devices but I want to (1) update all certs to modern standards and (2) add usable certs for iOS and android devices as well as the existing format.

I am currently running OpenSSL 1.1.1g on Debian Buster.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blessings,

-Tom

Re: Private CA client cert file for iPad for a website

Dirk-Willem van Gulik

Have a play with https://interop.redwax.eu/rs/scep/

Dw.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 10:18 Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 25 Jun 2020, at 17:14, Tom Browder <[hidden email]> wrote
> Can anyone tell me how to generate an acceptable client cert for an iPad?
Have a play with https://interop.redwax.eu/rs/scep/

Thanks, Dw, that looks like exactly what I'm looking for for Apple devices!

-Tom