Prepend Bytes to BIO_do_handshake()

DaneTuso
Hello all!

I am trying to create a custom protocol that utilizes the openssl library. I have openssl able to connect to regular SSL servers just fine, however my custom protocol server requires there to be a specific "header" above the SSL Layer of the packet.

My question is: How would I inject data bytes before the SSL layer of the handshake packets using the openssl library? My thoughts are to create a custom socket layer underneath the BIO and manipulate packets before sending them to the stream, but can't find a way to do that either.

Any input on the topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!