Porting to EVP methods: AES_set_encrypt_key()

Porting to EVP methods: AES_set_encrypt_key()

jonetsu
Hello,

  The context is migrating an application to use EVP only methods.

AES_set_encrypt_key(...)

AES_cfb128_encrypt(...)

The AES_cfb128_encrypt() is pretty clear to migrate to EVP_*,
what about the AES_set_encrypt_key() ?  I haven't found yet any
correlation to the EVP methods, let alone an actal description of
AES_set_encrypt_key() purpose.  How is this translted to EVP ?

Thanks.

Re: [openssl-users] Porting to EVP methods: AES_set_encrypt_key()

Matt Caswell-2

On 29/04/15 21:39, jonetsu wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   The context is migrating an application to use EVP only methods.
>
> AES_set_encrypt_key(...)
>
> AES_cfb128_encrypt(...)
>
> The AES_cfb128_encrypt() is pretty clear to migrate to EVP_*,
> what about the AES_set_encrypt_key() ?  I haven't found yet any
> correlation to the EVP methods, let alone an actal description of
> AES_set_encrypt_key() purpose.  How is this translted to EVP ?

There isn't a one-for-one correlation. The key is supplied in the call
to EVP_EncryptInit_ex().

See the following for some sample code:
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/EVP_Symmetric_Encryption_and_Decryption