PocketPC Port Question

OpenSSLGRT

I tried Portable OpenSSL 0.9.8a for Windows CE 4.20e (http://karajan.it.uc3m.es/~pervasive/wce_lite_compat/) and it works great on the PocketPC (Dell Axim ARMv4 processor).

Now I want to develop small C++ (eVC SP4) app that will do ssl but....

Details on the problem:

-Build for WCE ARMv4 processor

-I add libeay32.dll to the project's Object/Library modules

-I Build it

-Error: C:\openssl\pda\OpenSSL\OpenSSL\libeay32.dll : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file

Also I assume I have to use headers from original OpenSSL but they have problems with WIndows CE (types.h, etc.)?

Thank you for your time and help (and thanks to people at PCL who made this WinCE port)!

RE: PocketPC Port Question

Daniel Diaz Sanchez-2

I have sent an email to OpenSSLGRT with the headers, I will update the site with that when I have time…

Apart from that, we are preparing a version that uses full Win32 API, as suggested in an older topic, and no compatibility library will be needed.

B.R.

Daniel Díaz,

RE: PocketPC Port Question

OpenSSLGRT

Thank you for sending the headers. I still have problem that if I use libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the download at karajan.it.uc3m.es and to link they say they are corrupt?

C:\OPENSSLPDA\OPENSSL\OPENSSL\libeay32.dll : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file

You said: “we are preparing a version that uses full Win32 API” – will that work for PocketPC – if so great.

Thank you for your time and help!

Re: PocketPC Port Question

Thomas J. Hruska
OpenSSLGRT wrote:

> Thank you for sending the headers. I still have problem that if I use
> libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll from the download at karajan.it.uc3m.es and to
> link they say they are corrupt?
>
> C:\OPENSSLPDA\OPENSSL\OPENSSL\libeay32.dll : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or
> corrupt file
>

> You said: “we are preparing a version that uses full Win32 API” – will that
> work for PocketPC – if so great.
>

> Thank you for your time and help!

You don't link against DLLs.  You link against .LIB files.  IIRC, the
LIB.exe tool that comes with VC++ can extract the exports located inside
DLLs and generate a .LIB file.  However, I don't remember how to do
that...it has been a while.

--
Thomas Hruska
Shining Light Productions

Home of BMP2AVI, Nuclear Vision, ProtoNova, and Win32 OpenSSL.
http://www.slproweb.com/

Ask me about discounts on any Shining Light Productions product!