Please help RFC 5746

Ritesh Rekhi-2

Hi ,

I need little help in implementing RFC 5746 on server, as per RFC it is not very clear on how to tell clients that Server doesn’t support renegotiation.

If anybody knows a way to tell clients that server doesn’t support renegotiation , please let me know.

Thanks

Ritesh Rekhi

Re: Please help RFC 5746

Dr. Stephen Henson
On Sun, Jul 03, 2011, Ritesh Rekhi wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I need little help in implementing RFC 5746 on server, as per RFC it is not very clear on how to tell clients that Server doesn't support renegotiation.
>
> If anybody knows a way to tell clients that server doesn't support renegotiation , please let me know.

It isn't clear from your message whether you want to tell the client you don't
support renegotiation or don't support secure renegotiation.

If a client doesn't support secure renegotiation and attempts to renegotiate
then by default it will get back a no renegotiation alert (for TLS v1.0 or
later).