Peter Runestig has passed away

Jeffrey Altman
Last month, Peter Runestig <[hidden email]> passed away from a heart
attack.  Peter was an active participant in the openssl community.  He
will be dearly missed by all that knew him.

Jeffrey Altman

"getter" methods

Tan Eng Ten
Hi all,

Some "getter" methods (eg. X509_get_pubkey) return a new instance (or
incrementing the ref count) of the returned object and some do not (eg.
X509_get_issuer_name).

I find myself having to check out the actual implementations of every
"getter" method I am caling to ensure if I need to do a *_free on the
returned object.

Is there a general guideline on which "getter" methods return new
instances (or inc ref), and which do not?

Tan Eng Ten