Performance related queries for SSL based client servermodel

Performance related queries for SSL based client servermodel

alok sharma-2
Hi,
   I am writing one sample ssl based client server model which uses SSL_Read & SSL_Write API provided by openssl. But I found that my application is very slow it takes around 40 mins to copy 700MB file. While same file using scp finishes in 10 mins.
   So my query is that is there  an alternative way to use open ssl read or write to improve performance. I searched in scp code and found it does not use SSL_read/SSL_write. So if there is another set of APIs which I can use or any idea how I can meet the same performance as scp.
Regards,
Alok