PadLock engine in 0.9.8

Michal Ludvig
Hi,

several users have complained that the padlock engine is not usable in
new distros like Fedora 5 or OpenSUSE 10.1 that come with 0.9.8a. There
was apparently some reorganization of engines to dynamically loadable
modules. I haven't followed OpenSSL development for a while, could you
give be a brief overview of what needs to be done to have PadLock usable
again?

BTW Fedora people came up with something like:
http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/padlock/openssl-0.9.8a-padlock.patch
which makes the padlock engine static again (and usable again ;-). Is
that an acceptable approach? I somehow doubt so. What's the correct way
to fix it?

Thanks!

Michal

Re: PadLock engine in 0.9.8

Tomas Mraz-2
On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 16:36 +1200, Michal Ludvig wrote:

> Hi,
>
> several users have complained that the padlock engine is not usable in
> new distros like Fedora 5 or OpenSUSE 10.1 that come with 0.9.8a. There
> was apparently some reorganization of engines to dynamically loadable
> modules. I haven't followed OpenSSL development for a while, could you
> give be a brief overview of what needs to be done to have PadLock usable
> again?
>
> BTW Fedora people came up with something like:
> http://www.logix.cz/michal/devel/padlock/openssl-0.9.8a-padlock.patch
> which makes the padlock engine static again (and usable again ;-). Is
> that an acceptable approach? I somehow doubt so. What's the correct way
> to fix it?
This patch of course doesn't make this engine static - it has always
been static. It just makes it initialized by
ENGINE_load_builtin_engines(). Of course the best thing would be to
convert it to be dynamic engine.
--
Tomas Mraz <[hidden email]>

Re: PadLock engine in 0.9.8

liuwei
hi,Michal Ludvig
  Recently, I use this patch in openssl version 1.0.1c. the speed  bechmark functions all passed, But there are some errors in testing ssltest 。It will be segmentfalut!Have you been tested it OK!Thanks!