Packet capture SSL traffic

Kaushal Shriyan-2
Hi,

Is there a way to capture SSL traffic using openssl and tcpdump or any other utility on Linux? I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Re: Packet capture SSL traffic

OpenSSL - User mailing list
wireshark.org; it will decode it for you as well.

EKR used to have a utility on this website, but it’s likely out of date. Wireshark has been more frequently updated.
--
-Todd Short
// "One if by land, two if by sea, three if by the Internet."

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 11:50:12PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Is there a way to capture SSL traffic using openssl and tcpdump or any
> other utility on Linux? I look forward to hearing from you.

See the bottom of:

    https://mta.openssl.org/pipermail/openssl-users/2017-April/005624.html

for a short summary of how to combine "tcpdump" and "tshark" (the
wireshark CLI) to get textual SSL traffic decoding.