PKCS#11 support in OpenSSL

Sahil Malhotra

Hi,

A general query about inbuilt PKCS#11 support in OpenSSL.

If we want to use the keys stored in the Token/HSM with OpenSSL, we need to use the Third party modules(libp11 in combination with libpkcs11 engine).

But in some other TLS stacks like GnuTLS, PKCS#11 support is inbuilt.

So, Is OpenSSL community is thinking on having the inbuilt PKCS#11 support or will continue working with third party modules(libp11) ?

Regards,

Sahil Malhotra

Re: PKCS#11 support in OpenSSL

OpenSSL - User mailing list

Things have never gotten past this kind of discussion phase.

Interested parties will have to discuss on email list and create one or more pull requests.