Openssl multithreaded use with only 2 threads and SSL_CTX per thread

Openssl multithreaded use with only 2 threads and SSL_CTX per thread

Nadav Golombick

If I am using only 2 threads with each thread containing its own SSL_CTX object, do I still need to use locking functions?

Nadav Golombick

Re: Openssl multithreaded use with only 2 threads and SSL_CTX per thread

Bodo Moeller
On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 03:43:33PM +0200, Nadav Golombick wrote:

> If I am using only 2 threads with each thread containing its own SSL_CTX
> object, do I still need to use locking functions?

Yes!  This is very important because OpenSSL uses some global data
structures that will be shared by all threads, with access coordinated
through locks.  (This includes error book-keeping and the
pseudo-random number generator.)