Openssl for Java application

Khoo Wei Hiong

This is my first time to use OpenSSL. I have wrote once to ask for help but no reply. I would like to write OpenSSL-enabled code in my Java application, but I have no idea where to start from. What I have explored is that OpenSSL is meant for C or I might be wrong.

So, I hope that I will get sufficient information from you on how to integrate OpenSSL into my Java application.

Thanks. Your help is much appreciated.

Re: Openssl for Java application

Mehdi Asgari

Re: Openssl for Java application

Larry Bugbee-2

So, I hope that I will get sufficient information from you on how to integrate OpenSSL into my Java application.

You might find it a lot easier if you were to use Bouncy Castle.

Re: Openssl for Java application

juliusdavies
Hi, Khoo Wei Hiong,

What are you trying to do exactly?

If you're doing password-based encryption/decryption with symmetric
keys (e.g. AES, 3DES with "openssl enc" on command-line), then the
not-yet-commons-ssl java library will help you interop with OpenSSL:

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/

In particular, here's the link describing the symmetric key
password-based-encryption (PBE) stuff:

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/pbe.html

The library can also read any DSA or RSA private key generated by OpenSSL:

http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/pkcs8.html

Good luck!

yours,

Julius