Openssl and Multi-Sites Certificats SSL

Farid Izem
Hi all,

New to this mailling lists. Hope you can help me in compelting my task.
I d'like to generate a Sefl Signed SSL Certificates which will be serve for
multi hosted sites on the same server.

Can someone tell me how to that please ?

King Regards,

Farid.

Re: Openssl and Multi-Sites Certificats SSL

Philipp Gühring
Hi,

> New to this mailling lists. Hope you can help me in compelting my task.
> I d'like to generate a Sefl Signed SSL Certificates which will be serve for
> multi hosted sites on the same server.
>
> Can someone tell me how to that please ?

Here is the overview, best currently possible solution, and a tool to do it
for you:
http://wiki.cacert.org/wiki/VhostTaskForce

Best regards,
Philipp Gühring

Re: Openssl and Multi-Sites Certificats SSL

Goetz Babin-Ebell
Farid Izem wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> New to this mailling lists. Hope you can help me in compelting my task.
> I d'like to generate a Sefl Signed SSL Certificates which will be serve for
> multi hosted sites on the same server.
>
> Can someone tell me how to that please ?

subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1,DNS:host2.domain2,...

Bye

Goetz

--
DMCA: The greed of the few outweighs the freedom of the many

Re: Openssl and Multi-Sites Certificats SSL

Farid Izem
Hi Goetz,

What do you mean by subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1,DNS:host2.domain2,... ??
I have to change the openssl.cnf ?
Can you p^lease more explicit ?
Thanks for you help
King Regards,

Farid

Farid Izem wrote:
> Hi Goetz,
Hello Farid,

> What do you mean by
> subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1,DNS:host2.domain2,... ??
> I have to change the openssl.cnf ?
> Can you please more explicit ?

Lets try:
To tell your client(s) that this server certificate is good
for more than one host name, you can either set multual
common names in the DN containing the host names you want (old style),
Or set multual subjectAltName extensions (new (PKIX) style)

To insert one or more subjectAltName extensions you
modify the openssl.cnf to contain them with the
subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1,DNS:host2.domain2,...
line in the section containing the extensions.

But this doesn't work with stone age (broken) browsers.

> On 11/23/05, *Goetz Babin-Ebell* <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Farid Izem wrote:
>      > I d'like to generate a Sefl Signed SSL Certificates which will be
>     serve for
>      > multi hosted sites on the same server.
>
>     subjectAltName=DNS:host1.domain1 ,DNS:host2.domain2,...

Bye

Goetz

--
DMCA: The greed of the few outweighs the freedom of the many

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment