Openssl - G and P params value increase in DHE cipher

Openssl - G and P params value increase in DHE cipher

preethi teekaraman
Hi Openssl,

I'm using the latest version of  openssl to create a self -signed certificate.

My request is like, we need to observe G and P Param to 256 as value but we could see only 2 as value while a handshake happens between server & client.

is there any option or command based solution to increase the G and P parameters?

Regards,
Preethi Teekaraman

Re: Openssl - G and P params value increase in DHE cipher

Hubert Kario
On Sunday, 28 March 2021 09:41:35 CEST, preethi teekaraman wrote:

> Hi Openssl,
>
> I'm using the latest version of  openssl to create a self -signed
> certificate.
>
> My request is like, we need to observe G and P Param to 256 as value but we
> could see only 2 as value while a handshake happens between server &
> client.
>
> is there any option or command based solution to increase the G and P
> parameters?

no

and it's not something that should be done, see
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7919
and appendinx D of
https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-56Ar3.pdf
Hubert Kario
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 115, 612 00  Brno, Czech Republic