Openssl 1.1 port - hash state serializing

Openssl 1.1 port - hash state serializing

Ken Goldman-2
There was no answer on the 'users' list, so this is perhaps now a
feature request.

Is there a possibility of getting this function?

~~

I have a simulation of a hardware device that has the following
characteristics:

- does hashing functions
- resource constrained
- multi-user

Therefore, a typical pattern is that one application starts a digest
calculation, then the hash state must get swapped out for another user.

In 1.0, I did this by (cheating) serializing the hash state to swap out,
than deserializing to swap back in.  This required looking inside the
hash state structure.  I know it wasn't portable across versions, but
the structure was pretty stable.

Is there a way to do this in 1.1?  Can one be added?

Re: Openssl 1.1 port - hash state serializing

Matt Caswell-2

On 28/11/16 20:16, Ken Goldman wrote:
> There was no answer on the 'users' list, so this is perhaps now a
> feature request.

Please raise feature requests as issues on Github.

Matt