Openssl 1.1 port - hash state serializing

Openssl 1.1 port - hash state serializing

Ken Goldman-2
I have a simulation of a hardware device that has the following
characteristics:

- does hashing functions
- resource constrained
- multi-user

Therefore, a typical pattern is that one application starts a digest
calculation, then the hash state must get swapped out for another user.

In 1.0, I did this by (cheating) serializing the hash state to swap out,
than deserializing to swap back in.  This required looking inside the
hash state structure.  I know it wasn't portable accross versions, but
the structure was pretty stable.

Is there a way to do this in 1.1?  Can one be added?