OpenSSL Random Number Generator

hagai yaffe-2

Hello,

I am looking for some documentation regarding OpenSSL Random Number Generator, I have looked on the net and could not find what I need. I mainly need some compression between OpenSSL Random Number Generator and other Random Generation algorithms (Blum-Blum-Shub, FIPS 186, RPK). I am using OpenSSL and I am looking into the ICSA labs certification, the mentioned Random Generation algorithms are the ones adopted by ICSA and I would like to know where I stand if I am using OpenSSL Random Number Generator.

Is there any relevant documentation on this subject?

Thanks,

Hagai.

Re: OpenSSL Random Number Generator

Richard Koenning
Hagai Yaffe wrote:

> I am looking for some documentation regarding OpenSSL Random Number
> Generator, I have looked on the net and could not find what I need. I
> mainly need some compression between OpenSSL Random Number Generator and
> other Random Generation algorithms (Blum-Blum-Shub, FIPS 186, RPK). I am
> using OpenSSL and I am looking into the ICSA labs certification, the
> mentioned Random Generation algorithms are the ones adopted by ICSA and
> I would like to know where I stand if I am using OpenSSL Random Number
> Generator.
>
> Is there any relevant documentation on this subject?

Have you already looked into Peter Gutmann's paper
http://www.cypherpunks.to/~peter/06_random.pdf, which compares some RNGs?
Ciao,
Richard
--