OpenSSL F2F

Salz, Rich

Sorry, we didn’t think to put this out earlier…

The OpenSSL dev team is having a face-to-face meeting this week in Berlin, co-located with LinuxCon.  If you’re in the area, feel free to stop by. In particular, on Tuesday from 16:50-17:40 – “Members of the openssl development team will be available to help with porting applications to 1.1.0, help guide how people can contribute to the project, and be available to discuss other technical issues. Downstream distributions and embedded applications developers should also stop by to introduce themselves”

If you’re not available during that time, but want to chat, please let us know.

                /r$

--

Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies

Member, OpenSSL Dev Team

IM: [hidden email] Twitter: RichSalz

Re: OpenSSL F2F

David Woodhouse-7
On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 14:52 +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:

> Sorry, we didn’t think to put this out earlier…
>
> The OpenSSL dev team is having a face-to-face meeting this week in
> Berlin, co-located with LinuxCon.  If you’re in the area, feel free
> to stop by. In particular, on Tuesday from 16:50-17:40 – “Members of
> the openssl development team will be available to help with porting
> applications to 1.1.0, help guide how people can contribute to the
> project, and be available to discuss other technical issues.
> Downstream distributions and embedded applications developers should
> also stop by to introduce themselves”
>
> If you’re not available during that time, but want to chat, please
> let us know.
Hm, not *quite* enough time for me to get a flight to Berlin today...
and I'd have a three-year-old in tow.

I would dearly have loved to make it, because I'd like to get some more
detailed consensus on adding PKCS#11 support.

In the past we've provisionally agreed on "let's do it after 1.1"... so
now we should be looking at a slightly more detailed plan. I *can* just
start throwing patches over the wall, but a high-level consensus on the
architecture might have been useful. And we're all busy enough that it
just seems easier to do it face-to-face while we're in the same time
zone.

I would also love to get feedback on, and do some proselytism for,
http://david.woodhou.se/draft-woodhouse-cert-best-practice.html

--
dwmw2

Re: OpenSSL F2F

Tomas Mraz-2
On Út, 2016-10-04 at 13:14 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 14:52 +0000, Salz, Rich wrote:
> >
> > Sorry, we didn’t think to put this out earlier…
> >
> > The OpenSSL dev team is having a face-to-face meeting this week in
> > Berlin, co-located with LinuxCon.  If you’re in the area, feel free
> > to stop by. In particular, on Tuesday from 16:50-17:40 – “Members
> > of
> > the openssl development team will be available to help with porting
> > applications to 1.1.0, help guide how people can contribute to the
> > project, and be available to discuss other technical issues.
> > Downstream distributions and embedded applications developers
> > should
> > also stop by to introduce themselves”
> >
> > If you’re not available during that time, but want to chat, please
> > let us know.
> Hm, not *quite* enough time for me to get a flight to Berlin today...
> and I'd have a three-year-old in tow.

I have a similar problem although I could reach Berlin by train which
is a little bit easier and cheaper. I would be very happy to meet with
OpenSSL developers in person.

--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb

Re: OpenSSL F2F

Kurt Roeckx
On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 01:14:36PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I would dearly have loved to make it, because I'd like to get some more
> detailed consensus on adding PKCS#11 support.
>
> In the past we've provisionally agreed on "let's do it after 1.1"... so
> now we should be looking at a slightly more detailed plan. I *can* just
> start throwing patches over the wall, but a high-level consensus on the
> architecture might have been useful. And we're all busy enough that it
> just seems easier to do it face-to-face while we're in the same time
> zone.

That is at least already on the agenda we have. But it's a very
long agenda, not sure if we're going to have time to go over
everything. So there are clearly people interested in doing it,
and we might talk about a plan.

Kurt