OpenSSL Default Engine

Franz TRIERWEILER

Hello,

By reading the openssl source code, I noticed the project was designed so that any crypto engine can be hooked to the library (provided one provides the right entry points to comply with the OpenSSL interface). The source code refers to the “RSAref” engine as an example of home-made engine but this does not seem to be the default engine. By default, which default software engine is used in the project?

Regards,

Franz

Re: OpenSSL Default Engine

Emanuele Cesena
On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 17:24 +0100, Franz TRIERWEILER wrote:
> The source code refers to the “RSAref” engine as an example of
> home-made engine but this does not seem to be the default engine. By
> default, which default software engine is used in the project?

the default software engine *is* openssl.
You usually find source of this engine in method/method_ossl.c or
method/method_eay.c

E.g.
crypto/rsa/rsa_eay.c
crypto/ecdsa/ecs_ossl.c