OpenSSL 1.1+: How to disable building of Manpages etc.?

OpenSSL 1.1+: How to disable building of Manpages etc.?

Oliver Niebuhr
Hi.

I searched the Web and checked the Configure File. Am I blind or is
there really no Parameter to disable the creation of the Documentation?

As I also test the Qt Framework, I often recompile OpenSSL. You are
right, building the Docs will only take 2 Minutes - but it sums up to
countless hours for me.

OS: Linux (Antergos) and Windows 10
Compiler: GCC 7.1+ and VS2017.2+

Thanks!
Oliver

Re: OpenSSL 1.1+: How to disable building of Manpages etc.?

Jeffrey Walton-3
On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Oliver Niebuhr
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I searched the Web and checked the Configure File. Am I blind or is
> there really no Parameter to disable the creation of the Documentation?
>
> As I also test the Qt Framework, I often recompile OpenSSL. You are
> right, building the Docs will only take 2 Minutes - but it sums up to
> countless hours for me.

Use 'make install_sw'. Maybe something like:

    make distclean
    ./config enable-ec_nistp_64_gcc_128
    make -j 9
    make install_sw

enable-ec_nistp_64_gcc_128 is for x86_64. Also see
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Compilation_and_Installation#Configure_Options.

Jeff