OpenSSL 1.1.1b version chooses wrong AS(assembler) on Windows

OpenSSL 1.1.1b version chooses wrong AS(assembler) on Windows

OpenSSL - User mailing list
Hi All,

The OpenSSL version 1.1.1b chooses wrong AS(assembler) on running through Cygwin in Windows. It chooses 'ml' instead of 'nasm'(but uses the syntax of nasm) which causes OpenSSL build failure on Windows. The same works fine with OpenSSL 1.1.0i version.
Looks like a bug with 1.1.1b version.
Setting 'AS=nasm' before running the configure script in the Cygwin shell resolves the problem.
Can someone please confirm if the above workaround is acceptable and can be logged as bug in OpenSSL 1.1.1b version?

Regards,
Vinay

Re: OpenSSL 1.1.1b version chooses wrong AS(assembler) on Windows

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker-2
With the default configuration, I see it using the C compiler...  how
did you configure OpenSSL?

Cheers,
Richard

--