OpenSSL 1.1.1b exceptions in CRYPO_malloc for Windows Mobile 6.5 (ARM), POCKET PC
I attempting to build OpenSSL 1.1.1b static libraries for our app on
Windows Mobile 6.5 (ARM) targeting the POCKET PC SDK using Visual Studio
2005 for use with gSoap. I know this stuff is ancient, but...
I can build and run OpenSSL 1.0.2 so it isn't a crisis until perhaps
after end of year, but it would be nice to be up-to-date and support TLS
I've followed the instructions graciously posted by Souju TANAKA,
https://qiita.com/souju/items/94117c024862f57459c3#fn3, but I'm getting
exceptions in CRYPO_malloc when initializing. gSoap hence OpenSSL is
normally running in a thread. I' tried initializing in both main thread
and sync thread via gSoap initialized OpenSSL.
I've tried to match the compiler and linker flags, including the
threading flag to main apps /MDd setting
Also I've no idea why configure would add the OPENSSL_PIC preprocessor
flag so I replaced it with OPENSSL_SYS_WINCE, (Didn't work with
OPENSSL_PIC set either)
I also removed the L_ENDIAN flag since that wasn't used in our main
build(Didn't work with L_ENDIAN set either).